ENGINE & TRANSMISSION WARRANTY –
Covers head & block only internal parts include but not limited to (pistons, rods, crankshaft, camshaft, main seals, head gasket, valves, etc.) ALL electronic or external parts (such as gaskets, sensors, timing components, alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor, etc.) are “AS IS”, (No warranty coverage whatsoever.)
• Replacement engines & transmissions have a warranty of 30-90 days head and block only. Starting the day when the customers purchase the engine and or transmission.
• Performance swaps; Engines and or transmissions equipped with turbo, or supercharged systems has a warranty of 30 days head & block coverage only. Starting when the customer purchases the engine and or transmission.
• All Rotary Engines & transmissions are sold ” AS IS” no warranty coverage.
• All Engines & transmissions must be installed within the warranty coverage period.
• OUT OF STATE PURCHASERS- WE WILL COMPENSATE THE SHIPPING TIMES AND WILL START THE WARRANTY ON THE DAY OF RECEIVING.
JDM MIDWEST is not responsible for installation or improper use of any engine/transmission sold to a client; therefore, the following parts and circumstances are not covered by our warranty:
• PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED. WE DO NOT PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR INSTALLATIONS AND DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE SWAP TO PLEASE CONSULT WITH A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. IF CERTIFIED MECHANIC DOES NOT INSTALL THE ENGINE/TRANSMISSION, YOUR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
• All external parts of any engine such as axles, power steering, oil/water, a/c pumps, intake/exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributors, coil packs, ignitors, valve cover(s), oil pan, alternators, starters, emission control devices, thermostats, belts, hoses, clutches, flywheels, pulleys, wiring, computers (ECU), transmissions, turbo/supercharger units, fuel systems, gaskets, seals, sensors, solenoids, timing components, and any plastic trim pieces.. ARE NOT COVER UNDER WARRANTY
• Ensure you perform oil system overhaul procedure. (Flush oil system & change oil pump). The loss of engine as a result of insufficient amount of oil in the engine or lack of oil pressure will void warranty. Must use dealer genuine fluids when preforming a transmission install the use of any aftermarket fluids will void the warranty on the transmission no exceptions.
• Any labor for installation or removal of any defective part of an engine/transmission is not covered under warranty.
•Customer must perform Timing overhaul. (Timing belt/chain/tensioner). Any damage to the engine due to improper installation will void warranty.
•Swapping or removal of cylinder head(s)/crank/rods/pistons/cam(s)/gears & removal of transmission casing voids warranty.
•Loss of power caused by modification or forced induction (Nitrous/Alcohol Injection/Turbo/Supercharger & Aftermarket ECU upgrades) for which the engine was not designed will void warranty.
•Customer must perform cooling system overhaul. Loss caused by overheating of the engine, unless overheating is the direct result of the failure of an internal part of the engine.
•Any tune-ups and adjustments in belts, hoses, filters, emission control devices, spark plugs, etc. are not covered under warranty.
•Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear, unless actual breakdown occurs. JDM MIDWEST will not be held responsible if the engine purchased does not fit into the designated vehicle. Before purchasing the engine/transmission, the customer must verify that the engine will fit into said vehicle without modifications this includes ECU, wire harness, mounts, fuel system, etc. JDM MIDWEST will not be held responsible if incorrect engine/transmission is purchased or install into a vehicle the engine/transmission did not come with from factory.
JDM MIDWEST provides its customers with a used Japanese imported engines with low mileage. External parts of the engines such as belts, hoses, seals, gaskets, and plastic covers are sometimes damaged during shipping and can be replaced by the customer’s mechanic using parts from the designated vehicle. Cosmetic damage such as scratches on valve cover are normal on used engines and does not reflect upon performance of said engine. In addition, replaceable parts such as sensors, exhaust pipes, and air intake boxes may be missing if they are broken or damaged. JDM MIDWEST is not responsible for these parts as the warranty only covers internal parts, which would prevent the engine/transmission from operating in-correctly.
SMOG & EMISSIONS OR INSPECTIONS:
JDM MIDWEST will NOT be held responsible for the failure of emissions or smog test OR failure of state inspections. Please verify with your local authorities if the engine passes smog and emissions regulations and inspection in your state.
DEFECTIVE CLAIM PROCEDURE:
In the unlikely event of a Head/Block/Transmission being defective, we will require the following to be emailed only to us before the last day of the warranty period or warranty claim will be disregarded :
• JDM MIDWEST will require a detailed written description (work order) along with pictures of the described defective part from a ASE Certified Mechanic ONLY.
•A copy of the Mechanic’s ASE certification along with his/her contact information must be provided. JDM MIDWEST will contact the ASE Certified Mechanic to ensure that the documents are legitimate. The Certified Mechanic may not be the individual who bought the engine from JDM MIDWEST.
You may email the required paperwork to JDMMIDWEST@YAHOO.com
•Once required paperwork is emailed, we will make a decision on whether we will provide a refund for the damaged part(s) only or request for the engine/transmission to be returned for a replacement. Shipping charges nor labor are covered under warranty. You must return the defective engine/transmission complete with no parts missing. If parts are missing, Warranty will be void or those parts will be removed from the replacement engine/transmission prior to being shipped. ***JDM Midwest is not responsible for the cost of return shipping.
SALES & SHIPPING POLICY:
•No refunds or exchanges on non-defective engines.
•$35.00 service charge on all returned checks
•All refused / returned orders will be charged a restocking fee of 35% of the total item amount plus all original and return freight charges back to our warehouse, no exceptions.
• JDM MIDWEST is not responsible for damages occurring during shipment of any engine, transmission, or parts
• JDM MIDWEST is not responsible for any expenses involved in applications of our products. (Shipping, Labor, Etc.)
ALL SALES ON USED ACCESSORIES / ITEMS ARE FINAL, THEY ARE SOLD “AS IS” NO RETURNS / EXCHANGE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
• All body parts, interior parts, wheels, & suspensions are not under warranty. These parts are always sold “as is.”
JDM MIDWEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THIS WARRANTY AT ANY TIME.